Our recent blogs have focused on the development and service aspects of prosthetic and orthotic care. For more information on either subject, take a look at the websites below.
- Find out how prosthetic limbs work and what they’re made from with this guide from HowStuffWorks.com.
- Read this article from the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists to learn about the development efforts behind prosthetic products.
- Learn about the safety, care, and concerns associated with using prosthetic devices with this overview from WebMD.
- Discover why people who are diagnosed with ALS may need to use orthotic devices on this page from the ALS Association.
- New i-limb technology has made exciting progress in the prosthetics industry. You can learn more about it at TouchBionics.com
If you have more questions concerning prosthesis, talk to an expert at Ability Prosthetics & Orthotics by calling (717) 337-2273. We can provide you with the right device to meet your needs.